IPL/SHR Hair removal is a controlled, safe and effective method used to permanently reduce unwanted hair. Known to be pain free in comparison to older technologies, SHR is at the forefront of hair removal technology. Using gentle pulses of light, energy is converted into heat, effectively damaging targeted hair follicles, reducing hair growth by up to 80%.
Areas that are commonly treated included:
What does it feel like?
Patients often advise the sensation as warm, like an elastic band flicking the skin. This discomfort is tolerated by most people.
How long does the treatment take?
Treatments can be as short as 5 minutes, to as long as an hour depending on the area being treated.
How many treatments do I need?
Most patients require 6-8 treatments, yet treatment amount can vary from each individual.
Some maintenance sessions may be required after the treatment plan has finished.
What do I need to do leading up to my appointment?
- Avoid spray tanning and tanning products for up to 4 weeks prior to your appointment
- Avoid sun exposure to the area for 4 weeks leading up to your appointment.
- Do not wax, pluck or tweeze the area for 4 weeks leading up to the appointment.
- Shave as you like between your appointments.
- Shave the treatment area 2-24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Keep your Therapist updated on any new medications of changes to your health history.
What to expect after the treatment?
Some redness or tingling may be felt in the treatment area, however if you are feeling concerned please contact our clinic immediately.
Hair typically begins to fall out day 10-14, and will grow back slower and finer with each and every treatment.
View our range of Skin Treatments
View our range of Light Treatments
View our range of Doctor Treatments