Using an innovated light-based technology, our IPL system is designed to safely and effectively treat common cosmetic concerns such as sunspots, ageing, redness, capillaries, rosacea, pigment and freckles. Using gentle pulses of light, energy is converted into heat, effectively targeting specific chromophores – melanin and haemoglobin.
Areas that are commonly treated included:
What does it feel like?
Patients often advise the sensation as warm, like an elastic band flicking the skin. This discomfort is tolerated by most people.
How long does the treatment take?
We allow 45 minutes for your first treatment, to safely test patch your skin and find a suitable treatment modality that will achieve great, long lasting results. A standard IPL Full Face treatment can be completed in as little as 30 minutes.
How many treatments do I need?
Most patients require 3-4 treatments, yet treatment amount can vary from each individual.
Some maintenance sessions may be required after the treatment plan has finished.
What do I need to do leading up to my appointment?
- Avoid spray tanning and tanning products for up to 4 weeks prior to your appointment
- Avoid sun exposure to the area for 4 weeks leading up to your appointment.
- Shave the treatment area 2-24 hours prior to your appointment if there is hair located in the treatment area.
- Keep your Therapist updated on any new medications of changes to your health history.
- Stop using topical vitamin A for at least 7 days prior to your appointment
What to expect after the treatment?
Some redness, swelling or tingling may be felt in the treatment area, however if you are feeling concerned please contact our clinic immediately.
If pigment has been addressed in the treatment area, initial darkening will occur, sloughing off for 7-14 days post treatment.
View our range of Skin Treatments
View our range of Light Treatments
View our range of Doctor Treatments